Time to bring it home. Find zipForm®, transaction tools, and all the closing resources you'll need. Except for the champagne — that's on you.
Time to bring it home. Complete transactions and contracts electronically through zipForm®.
zipForm® features easy-to-use navigation that lets you move quickly through documents and transactionszipForm® Plus zipForm® Standard zipCRM™
Simplify the transaction with secure electronic signatures.
Free advice to help you understand the form you're using with Forms Tutor® and identify which form you need for your transaction with Forms Advisor™
C.A.R. Standard Forms are developed by the C.A.R. Legal Department which gathers input from real estate professionals and attorneys to create user-friendly, comprehensive, and dependable forms.
Access many additional forms libraries available to you within your zipForm® account
Manage all of your REALTOR® agent accounts, transactions and forms effortlessly and efficientlyzipForm® Plus for Multiple Users
C.A.R. Training Center is a members one stop shop for all products sectioned off by member types. i.e New Members, Advanced Members, Returning members and Member specialist.
Order affiliated services easily without leaving your zipForm® account with the fully integrated Service Providers
Get answers to your zip-Related questions with user guides, FAQs, videos and more.
zipLogix™ has been sold to Lone Wolf Technologies. This historic move keeps REALTORS® at the center of the transaction.Member announcement Frequently Asked Questions zipLogix Acquisition News Release Contact Info
We're here to help, people! Business products and tools to empower REALTORS®.
Your one-stop-source for real estate products, forms, education, high-tech tools and more
Download the latest C.A.R. mobile apps, including CARmojies & Stickers, C.A.R., Legal Hotline, CA REALTOR® EXPO, and zipForm Mobile.
Help potential buyers open the door to home-ownership by searching from over 400 available down payment assistance programs throughout California.
The REALTOR® Badge is a personalized widget that verifies your status and displays your REALTOR® information from NRDS, including office and designation information.
Q: Where do I go to get legal questions answered? A: Easy, look to the right!
Legal articles, many in question and answer format, are currently available on over 150 subjects in 50-plus categories.All Legal Q&As 2019 Q&A Revisions 2019 Q&As 2018 Q&A Revisions 2018 Q&As
Plain-English explanations for every paragraph in the RPA that you can send to your buyers and sellers. REALTORS® can use it too!
5 charts show REALTORS ® what needs to be disclosed and to whom in various sales and lease scenarios.Lease/Rental Chart Sales Disclosure Chart
Short, helpful, 1-page articles, summaries, PowerPoint presentations, and videos for Brokers, Agents, and Consumers.
C.A.R.’s Legal Live Webinars are online presentations conducted by C.A.R. attorneys on the first Tuesday of every month. Hear about legal developments and answers to common questions. Watch live or from a recorded post. Legal Live Webinars are offered as a free member benefit.
Help, I need backup! Whether it's legal or financial help you need, C.A.R.'s got your back with these resources.
If you're a member looking to resolve a minor dispute or communication issue with another REALTOR®, a C.A.R. ombudsman may be able to help!
Request a call using our online form or by speaking with an intake coordinator.
Your lifeline to the lending community formerly known as the Finance Helpline. Find contacts and answers to all mortgage related questions, and problems that arise in your real estate transaction. Get assistance today!Lending Resources Financial Literacy
Looking for additional assistance? The Customer Contact Center is looking forward to serving you Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:45 p.m.
Did you know that for zero dollars and zero cents, you can speak with an attorney about your transaction? If you don't believe us, check it out yourself.
We offer a wide array of real estate educational courses, certifications & designations in various formats.
Easily renew your real estate license with the FREE 45 hour online license renewal package from C.A.R.
Prepare to earn your real estate license with our online courses
Browse our courses by topic to find the training you need to build up your real estate business.
Distinguish yourself by learning how to build a business that specializes in niche markets to nearly double your earning potential in various real estate sectors
Browse our class schedule to find when and where to take real estate courses.
Browse through the many courses we offer - listed in alphabetical order.Online Bundles
The REMS system allows brokers to deliver quality education to their agents and track their progress.
Complete your eight-hour NMLS license renewal requirement through our NMLS-approved provider, OnlineEd
Mark your calendars for our yearly meetings and events!
The main Business Meetings page includes important links for Directors and Committee Members.Tentative Program Committee Selection Meeting Registration
A new, all about connections and interactions, California REALTOR® event.
You're the brand! Use our marketing tools to tell your story.
A one-stop shop for tools and and resources to educate consumers about the intricacies of buying and selling a home and how a REALTOR® can help.ClientDIRECT® Infographics One Cool Thing Tax Reform One Sheets
Explore and interact with the latest market statistics.County Market Updates Market Snapshot
Got knowledge? All the info you need on California’s housing market, economy, and issues impacting the industry.
From Conferences to Resources, this area is geared to brokers and managers.
CCRE's mission is to advance industry knowledge and innovation with an emphasis on convening key experts and influence-makers.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
From webinars to videos and podcasts to blogs, C.A.R. keeps you in the know.Housing Matters Blog Real Estate Leaders & Legends Podcast Slideshows Videos Webinars
C.A.R. publishes eight magazine issues and various newsletters throughout the year.Newsletters California Real Estate Magazine
Be trendy -- stay current with our latest market forecasts and data analyses.
The latest market forecast and projection to what lays ahead.
View the latest sales and price numbers. Find out where sales will be in upcoming months.Current Sales & Price Statistics Housing Affordability Index - Traditional Pending Home Sales Index Historical Housing Data
The all-new Housing Matters Podcast is your housing hub for market analysis, economic trends, and housing news.
Stay connected with the latest releases by subscribing to the products and services that interest you.
Gain insights on California's housing market through interactive dashboards. Select your metrics and see where the data takes you.City Market Report County Market Report Listings Luxury Market Home Price Fundamentals
From outreaches to webinars, the Research and Economics team is sharing their insight on the market and the economy.
Californians are surveyed annually to gain insights on the housing market from their persepective.
Get a roundup of weekly economic and market news that matters to real estate and your business.
You’ve gone pro! So here are guidelines about MLS rules and professional standards.
California Model MLS Rules, Issues Briefing Papers, and other articles and materials related to MLS policy.
These volunteer training courses are for members who will be part of Board of Directors, grievance committees and hearing panels at local associations.
Summaries and photos of California REALTORS® who violated the Code of Ethics and were disciplined with a fine, letter of reprimand, suspension, or expulsion.
An explanation of C.A.R.'s position on MLS consolidations in general and a statewide MLS in particular.
The most recent edition of the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of the National Association of REALTORS®.
The California Professional Standards Reference Manual, Local Association Forms, Interboard Arbitration Rules, and other materials related to Code of Ethics enforcement and arbitration.
An industry that works together, thrives together. Participate in legislative advocacy as a C.A.R. member!
C.A.R. advocates for REALTOR® issues in Washington D.C., Sacramento and in city and county governments throughout California.
CREPAC, LCRC, IMPAC, ALF and the RAF comprise C.A.R.'s political fundraising arm.REALTOR® Action Fund
It's the Law -- C.A.R.'s legal eagles tell you what you need to know to stay out of trouble.
California Code of Ethics and Arbitration Rules and external link to JAMS Arbitration service.
Summaries of legislation and regulation effecting REALTORS® and updates on news relevant to REALTORS®.Legal News 2019 Laws 2018 Laws 2017 Laws
Important industry cases, resources and informationImportant California and Federal real estate related cases Small Claims Court
Current legal developoments, C.A.R. legal products and services.Realegal® Member Legal Services Attorney Access Form
Represent! Join C.A.R. in our community and foundation programs.
Programs and grants to provide direct assistance to address the housing crisis in California.Make A Donation 2019 HAF Golf Tournament Bette Dobkin HAF Advocate Award
The Rising Star Award program is a C.A.R. initiative designed to work with the brokerage community to recognize their up-and-coming agents.
C.A.R. stands ready to assist REALTORS® who have been impacted by wildfires through its Disaster Relief Fund and NAR's REALTORS® Relief Foundation.California Wildfire Resources
Find out how you can Get Involved with C.A.R's Governmental Affairs program!
Do you have an innovative idea(s) with regards to real estate? Submit your idea(s) for a chance to partner with C.A.R. and transform tomorrow's industry!
Scholarships for California students planning to pursue a career in real estate.
Grants for California REALTORS® and residents pursuing real estate education.
Diversity and Inclusion.International Real Estate Real Estate Organizations Fair Housing Act: 50th Anniversary C.A.R. Women's Initiative
New to the industry? YPN is a network to sharpen your skills, heighten your leadership, and connect with fellow REALTORS®.
Adding REALTOR® next to your name is cool. What comes with that title is even cooler. Check out your benefits.
As a new member of C.A.R. you have questions about your benefits and discounts. Find the answers here.Member FAQs
C.A.R.'s annual consumer advertising campaign creates awareness of the REALTOR® brand and demonstrates the many benefits of the consumer-REALTOR® relationship.Who's Your REALTOR®?
This is so us...who we are and what we do.
Meet the 2019 C.A.R. Leadership Team
C.A.R. is a statewide trade association dedicated to the advancement of professionalism in real estate.Annual Report
Learn about advertising with C.A.R.
C.A.R. and its subsidiaries are currently recruiting for the following job opportunities.
This site is designed to assist you in your profession by providing access to information on events
Looking for additional assistance? The Customer Contact Center is looking forward to serving you Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:45 p.m.
C.A.R.'s Media Center houses the Association's news releases, media guidelines, and logos.News Releases
Partner With Us
Whichever department you are looking to speak with, don't hesitate to reach out! We'd love to hear from you.
Many consumers aren't aware of the hundreds of tasks full-service REALTORS® perform for home sellers and buyers, or the value they bring to the realestate transaction. Here are just a few:
1. Make appointment with seller for listing presentation
2. Send seller a written or e-mail confirmation of listing appointment an call to confirm
3. Researchcomparable currently listed properties
4. Research sales activity in the neighborhood
5. Research "average days on market" for property of this type, price range and location
6. Review property tax roll information
7. Prepare "comparable market analysis" (CMA) to help establish fair market value
8. Prepare listing presentation package
9. Perform exterior curb appeal assessment of property
10. Compile and assemble file on property
11. Review listing appointment checklist to ensure all steps and actions have been completed
Listing Appointment Presentation
1. Give seller an overview of current market conditions and
2. Review agent's and company's credentials and accomplishments in the market
3. Present company's profile and position or "niche" in the marketplace
4. Present CMA results to seller, including comparables, solds, current listings and expireds
5. Offer pricing strategy based on professional judgment and interpretation of current market conditions
6. Discuss goals with seller to market effectively
7. Explain market power and benefits of Multiple Listing Service
8. Explain market power of Web marketing, IDX and REALTOR.com
9. Explain the work the brokerage and agent do behind the scenese and the agenty's availability on weekends
10. Explain the agent's role in taking calls to screen for qualified buyers and protect seller from curiosity seekers
11. Present and discuss strategic marketing plan
12. Explain different agency relationships and determine seller's preference
13. Go over residential listing agreement
Once Property is Under Listing Agreement
1. Review title information, if appropriate
2. Discuss possible buyer financing alternatives and options with seller
3. Identify homeowner association manager, if applicable
4. Verify homeowner association fees
5. Verify security system, current term of service and whether owned or leased
6. Ascertain need for lead-based paint disclosure and other disclosures
7. Prepare detailed list of property amenities and assess market impact
8. Explain benefits of homeowner warranty to seller
9. Have extra key made for lockbox, if needed
10. Verify if property has rental units involved. If so:
* Make copies of all leases for retention in listing file
* Inform tenants of listing and discuss how showings will be handled
11. Arrange for installation of yard sign
12. Assist seller with completion of seller's disclosure forms
13. Complete new listing checklist
14. Review results of curb appeal assessment with seller and provide suggestions to improve salability
15. Review results of interior decor assessment and suggest changes to shorten time on market
16. Load listing into transaction management software program
Entering Property in Multiple Listing Service Database
1. Prepare MLS profile sheet
2. Enter property data from profile sheet into MLS listing database
3. Proofread MLS database listing for accuracy
4. Add property to company's active listings list
5. Provide seller with MLS profile sheet data form
6. Take photos for upload into MLS and use in flyers
Marketing the Listing
1. Create print and Internet ads
2. Coordinate showings with owners, tenants and other REALTORS®
3. Return all calls, including nights and weekends
4. Install electronic lock box if authorized by owner.
5. Prepare mailing and contact list
6. Generate mail-merge letters to contact list
7. Order "just listed" labels and reports
8. Prepare flyersand feedback faxes
9. Review comparable MLS listings regularly to ensure property remains competitive in price, terms, conditions and availability
10. Prepare property marketing brochure
11. Arrange for printing or copying of supply of marketing brohures or flyers
12. Place marketing brochures in all company agent mailboxes
13. Upload listing to company and agent Internet site, if applicable
14. Mail out "just listed" notice to all neighborhood residents
15.Provide marketing data to prospective buyers
16. Provide "special feature" cards for marketing, if applicable
17. Submit ads to company's participating Internet real estate sites
18. Convey price changes promptly to MLS and all Internet groups
19. Reprint/supply brochures promptly as needed
20. Send feedback e-mails/faxes to buyers' agents after showings
21. Discuss feedback with seller to determine if changes will accelerate the sale
22. Place regular weekly update calls to seller to discuss marketing and pricing
The Offer and Contract
1. Receive and review all offer to purchase contracts submitted by buyers or buyers' agents
2. Evaluage offrs and prepare a "net sheet" on each forthe owner for comparison purposes
3. Counsel seller on offers. Explain merits and weakness of each offer.
4. Contact buyers' agents to review buyer's qualifications and discuss offer
5. Fax/deliever seller's disclosure tobuyer's agent or buyer upon request
6. Obtain pre-qualification letter from buyer
7. Negotiate offers on seller's behalf, setting time limit for loan contingency
8. Prepare and convey any counter offers, acceptance or amendments to buyer's agent
9. Provide copies of contract and all addenda to escrow
10. When offer to purchase is accepted and signed by seller, deliever to buyer's agent
11. Record and deposit buyer's earnest money into escrow
12. Deliver copies of fully signed purchase contract to seller
13. Deliver copies of purchase contract to selling agent
14. Provide copies of signed purchase contract for office file
15. Advise seller in handling additional offers topurchase submitted between contract and closing
16. Change status in MLS to "sale pending"
17. Update transaction management program to show "sale pending"
18. Provide income and credit information to seller if property will be seller-financed
19. Assist buyer with obtaiing financing, if applicable, and follow-up as necessary
20. Coordinate with lender on loan lock-in
21. Order septic system inspection, if applicable
22. Receive and review septic system report, if applicable
23. Verify mold inspection ordered, if applicable
24. Verify mold inspection ordered, if required
Tracking the loan process
1. Add lender and other vendors to transaction managemetn program so agents, buyer and seller can track progress of sale
2. Contact lender periodically to ensure processing is on track
3. Relay final approval of buyer's loan application to seller
1. Coordinate buyer's professional home inspection with seller
2. Review home inspector's report
3. Enter completion into transaction management tracking software program
4. Recommend or assist seller with identifying and negotiating with trustworthy contrators to perform any required repairs
1. Schedule appraisal
2. Provide comparable sales used in market pricing to appraiser
3. Follow-up on appraisal
4. Enter compltion into transaction management program
Closing Preparations and Duties
1. Coordinate closing process with buyer's agent and lender
2. Update closing forms and files
3. Ensure all parties have forms and information neededto close the sale
4. Confirm closing date and time and notify all parties
5. Work with buyer's agent in scheduling and conducting buyer's final walk through prior to closing
6. Request copy of closing documents from closing agent
7. Assist seller in providing homeowner's warranty, if applicable
8. Review closing documents carefully
9. Coordinate this closing with seller's next purchase and resolve any timing problems
10. Refer sellersto three of the best agents at their destination, if applicable
11. Change MLS status to "sold." Enter sale date, price, selling broker and agent's ID numbers, etc.
12. Close out listing in transaction management program
FollowUp After Closing
1. Answer questions about filing claims with homeowner warranty company, if applicable
2. Attempt to clarify and resolve disputes about repairs if buyer is not satisfied
3. Respond to any follow-up calls and provide additonal information rquired from office files, if appropriate.
Source: Orlando Regional Realtor® Association
We are always interested in hearing from you. Your feedback will help us improve your online experience. Need more help?