Time to bring it home. Find zipForm®, transaction tools, and all the closing resources you'll need. Except for the champagne — that's on you.
Time to bring it home. Complete transactions and contracts electronically through zipForm®.
Realtor® Secure Transaction is your place to discover, access and master the essential tools for a modern, efficient and secure transaction.
Transaction management and forms software with all the must-have features, including current statewide contracts, local forms, and more.Transaction Products zipForm® Edition Service Providers Forms Libraries Transactions, zipForm® Edition Support
Free advice to help you understand the form you're using with Forms Tutor® and identify which form you need for your transaction with Forms Advisor™
Coming Soon - Glide offers a fast, simple, and safe way to transact, combining forms, e-signatures, collaboration and compliance into a single user-friendly solution.
C.A.R. Standard Forms are developed by the C.A.R. Legal Department which gathers input from real estate professionals and attorneys to create user-friendly, comprehensive, and dependable forms.
Advice, Support and materials to improve your transactions.Transaction Tools Support Register for FREE Training Webinars
We're here to help, people! Business products and tools to empower REALTORS®.
Your one-stop-source for real estate products, forms, education, high-tech tools and more
Everything you need for a successful property management & leasing business
Download the latest C.A.R. mobile apps, including CARmojies & Stickers, C.A.R., Legal Hotline, CA REALTOR® EXPO, and zipForm Mobile.
Help potential buyers open the door to home-ownership by searching from over 400 available down payment assistance programs throughout California.
Q: Where do I go to get legal questions answered? A: Easy, look to the right!
Forms, guides and other legal materials that may be used due to the spread of the Covid-19 strain of the coronavirus.
Legal articles, many in question and answer format, are currently available on over 150 subjects in 50-plus categories.All Legal Q&As
Plain-English explanations for every paragraph in the RPA that you can send to your buyers and sellers. REALTORS® can use it too!
6 charts show REALTORS ® what needs to be disclosed and to whom in various sales and lease scenarios.Lease/Rental Chart Sales Disclosure Checklist Sales Disclosure Chart
Need help on a legal issue? First, pick one of the topics.
PowerPoint presentations, videos and flyers for Brokers, Agents, and Consumers.
Short, helpful, 1-page articles on key legal topics
C.A.R.’s Legal Live Webinars are online presentations conducted by C.A.R. attorneys on the first Tuesday of every month. Hear about legal developments and answers to common questions. Watch live or from a recorded post. Legal Live Webinars are offered as a free member benefit.
The Legal Matters Podcast is the official podcast of the California Association of REALTORS® Member Legal Services Department.
Help, I need backup! Whether it's legal or financial help you need, C.A.R.'s got your back with these resources.
If you're a member looking to resolve a minor dispute or communication issue with another REALTOR®, a C.A.R. ombudsman may be able to help!
Your lifeline to the lending community formerly known as the Finance Helpline and Mortgage Rescue™. Find contacts and answers to all mortgage related questions, and problems that arise in your real estate transaction. Get assistance today!Lending Resources
Looking for additional assistance? The Customer Contact Center is looking forward to serving you Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:45 p.m.
The C.A.R. Real Estate Mediation Center for Consumers has mediators available to assist buyers and sellers (as well as other parties to real estate transactions) in resolving their disputes.
Did you know that for zero dollars and zero cents, you can speak with an attorney about your transaction? If you don't believe us, check it out yourself.
We offer a wide array of real estate educational courses, certifications & designations in various formats.
Easily renew your real estate license with the FREE 45 hour online license renewal package from C.A.R.
Prepare to earn your real estate license with our online courses
Distinguish yourself by learning how to build a business that specializes in niche markets to nearly double your earning potential in various real estate sectors
Browse our class schedule to find when and where to take real estate courses.
Browse through the many courses we offer - listed in alphabetical order.Online Bundles
Stand out as a REALTOR® with in-depth technical knowledge on the fundamentals of real estate.Online Bundles
The REMS system allows brokers to deliver quality education to their agents and track their progress.
Complete your eight-hour NMLS license renewal requirement through our NMLS-approved provider, OnlineEd
Mark your calendars for our yearly meetings and events!
The main Business Meetings page includes important links for Directors and Committee Members.Tentative Program Meeting Registration
REimagine! Real Estate Conference & Expo is where learning takes center stage and where business solutions and connections are at the forefront of the real estate industry.REimagine! 2020 Session Archive
Join us for a deep dive into property management fundamentals at this one-day conference.
You're the brand! Use our marketing tools to tell your story.
A one-stop shop for tools and and resources to educate consumers about the intricacies of buying and selling a home and how a REALTOR® can help.Infographics One Cool Thing Tax Reform One Sheets Fire Insurance One Sheets
Explore and interact with the latest market statistics.County Market Updates Housing Perspective Market @ A Glance
Marketing tools from C.A.R.'s consumer advertising campaign
Got knowledge? All the info you need on California’s housing market, economy, and issues impacting the industry.
From Conferences to Resources, this area is geared to brokers and managers.
CCRE's mission is to advance industry knowledge and innovation with an emphasis on convening key experts and influence-makers.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
Be trendy -- stay current with our latest market forecasts and data analyses.
The latest market forecast and projection to what lays ahead..
View the latest sales and price numbers. Find out where sales will be in upcoming months.Current Sales & Price Statistics Housing Affordability Index - Traditional Historical Housing Data Annual Historical Data Summary
Your housing hub for market analysis, economic trends, and housing news.
Get a roundup of weekly economic and market news that matters to real estate and your business.
Gain insights through interactive dashboards and downloadable content.Buyer's Guide Housing Market Overview Market Update Videos All Shareable Reports All Interactive Dashboards
Catch up with the latest outreaches and webinars by the Research and Economics team.
Californians are surveyed annually to gain insights on the housing market from their persepective.
Stay connected with the latest releases by subscribing to the products and services that interest you.
You’ve gone pro! So here are guidelines about MLS rules and professional standards.
California Model MLS Rules, Issues Briefing Papers, and other articles and materials related to MLS policy.
Summaries and photos of California REALTORS® who violated the Code of Ethics and were disciplined with a fine, letter of reprimand, suspension, or expulsion.
An explanation of C.A.R.'s position on MLS consolidations in general and a statewide MLS in particular.
The most recent edition of the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of the National Association of REALTORS®.
These volunteer training courses are for members who will be part of Board of Directors, grievance committees and hearing panels at local associations.
The California Professional Standards Reference Manual, Local Association Forms, NAR materials and other materials related to Code of Ethics enforcement and arbitration.
Looking for information on how to file an interboard arbitration complaint? You've come to the right place! Find the rules, timeline and filing documents here.
All local associations/boards must designate and certify one person primarily responsible for administration of professional standards processes. NAR requires that all Professional Standards Administrators re-certify every four years, thereby meeting the learning objectives and minimum criteria established by NAR.
Missed a training? Check here for previous Professional Standards webinars.
Find tools, tips and tricks for successful online hearings and mediation conferences here
This training course is for those who want to become certified as a professional standards trainer.
An industry that works together, thrives together. Participate in legislative advocacy as a C.A.R. member!
C.A.R. advocates for REALTOR® issues in Washington D.C., Sacramento and in city and county governments throughout California.
CREPAC, LCRC, IMPAC, ALF and the RAF comprise C.A.R.'s political fundraising arm.REALTOR® Action Fund
Learn how you can make a difference, by getting involved yourself or by passing along valuable information to your clients.
It's the Law -- C.A.R.'s legal eagles tell you what you need to know to stay out of trouble.
California Code of Ethics and Arbitration Rules and external link to JAMS Arbitration service.
Summaries of legislation and regulation effecting REALTORS® and updates on news relevant to REALTORS®.2021 New Laws 2020 New Laws 2019 Real Estate Clean Up Law Changes 2019 New Laws 2018 New Laws 2017 New Laws Legal News
Important industry cases, resources and informationImportant California and Federal real estate related cases Small Claims Court
Learn on-the-go! The Legal Matters Podcast gives you bite-size nuggets of power-packed legal information that will help you protect yourself and your clients. Join our attorneys for a “Legal Bedtime Story” or for the scoop on vital issues like the “Top 5 RPA Mistakes”.
Current legal developments, C.A.R. legal products and services.Californians for Homeownership Realegal® Member Legal Services Attorney Access Form
Represent! Join C.A.R. in our community and foundation programs.
The importance of completing the census survey for REALTORS®.
Programs and grants to provide direct assistance to address the housing crisis in California.Make A Donation to HAF
The Rising Star Award program is a C.A.R. initiative designed to work with the brokerage community to recognize their up-and-coming agents.
C.A.R. stands ready to assist REALTORS® who have been impacted by wildfires through its Disaster Relief Fund and NAR's REALTORS® Relief Foundation.California Disaster Resources
Do you have an innovative idea(s) with regards to real estate? Submit your idea(s) for a chance to partner with C.A.R. and transform tomorrow's industry!
Scholarships for California students planning to pursue a career in real estate.
Grants for California REALTORS® and residents pursuing real estate education.
Find out more information on key diversity and inclusion programs and projects available.Fair Housing Latinx Professionals Network C.A.R. Women's Initiative
New to the industry? YPN is a network to sharpen your skills, heighten your leadership, and connect with fellow REALTORS®.
Adding REALTOR® next to your name is cool. What comes with that title is even cooler. Check out your benefits.
As a member of C.A.R., you receive more than 100 free and discounted benefits. Find out more about your member benefits here.C.A.R. Member Discounts NAR Member Discounts C.A.R. Insurance Products
As a new member of C.A.R. you have questions about your benefits and discounts. Find the answers here.Member FAQs
This is so us...who we are and what we do.
C.A.R. is a statewide trade association dedicated to the advancement of professionalism in real estate.Annual Report
Meet the 2021 C.A.R. Leadership Team
C.A.R.'s Media Center houses the Association's news releases, media guidelines, and logos.News Releases
Looking for additional assistance? The Customer Contact Center is looking forward to serving you Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:45 p.m.
This site is designed to assist you in your profession by providing access to information on eventsHonorary Members-for-Life
C.A.R. and its subsidiaries are currently recruiting for the following job opportunities.
Partner With Us
Learn about advertising with C.A.R.
Whichever department you are looking to speak with, don't hesitate to reach out! We'd love to hear from you.
July 24, 2017
California pending home sales continue downward trend in June
LOS ANGELES (July 24) – Despite robust closed escrow sales in June, California pending home sales slipped for the sixth consecutive month, suggesting an impending slowdown in the state’s housing market as the peak homebuying season winds down, the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (C.A.R.) said today.
With increasing concerns over shrinking housing inventory and suppressed housing affordability, REALTORS® remained cautious in June, C.A.R.’s latest Market Pulse Survey** found. REALTORS® reported fewer floor calls and listing appointments but higher open house traffic than in May.
Pending home sales data:
• Based on signed contracts, year-over-year statewide pending home sales fell for the sixth straight month in June on a seasonally adjusted basis, with the Pending Home Sales Index (PHSI)* declining 0.9 percent from 119.0 in June 2016 to 117.9 in June 2017. California pending home sales also slipped on a monthly basis, decreasing 0.6 percent from the May index of 118.7.
• Pending home sales have declined every month so far this year, however, the pace of decline has slowed in recent months. But with additional headwinds of housing inventory that declined further last month as closed sales rose, and a double-digit drop in active listings, the state’s housing market could be negatively impacted in the coming months.
• Pending sales in the Southern California Region continued their upward trend in June and posted a 2.5 percent improvement from the previous year, as San Bernardino County and Orange County saw healthy bumps of 10.3 percent and 8.3 percent, respectively. Pending sales in San Diego (-3.6 percent), Riverside (-6.9 percent), and Los Angeles (-1.7 percent) counties declined from last June.
• The Central Valley also posted a healthy pending sales gain in June, rising 5.2 percent from a year ago. Kern County saw its first significant increase (5.7 percent) in pending sales for the year after battling with the after-effects of precipitous declines in the energy markets.
• The San Francisco Bay Area experienced a dip in pending sales in June, nudging down 0.6 percent on an annual basis. San Francisco County reversed last month’s double-digit pending sales decline and rose 22.2 percent, while San Mateo and Santa Clara counties posted pending sales decreases of 10.1 percent and 0.4 percent, respectively as inventories remained extremely low and median prices exceeded $1 million.
• In C.A.R.’s newest market indicator of future price appreciation, Market Velocity Index – home sales relative to the number of new listings coming on line each month to replenish that sold inventory – indicates that price growth will continue to accelerate, potentially back into double-digit territory, as it reached its highest level since 2013. At an index of 71.0, there were far more home sales than new listings to restock statewide inventory, leading to a deterioration in the number of active listings. With demand still running high, the elevated pace of home sales will likely persist through the fall.
Year-to-Year Change in Pending Sales by County/Region
|County/Region/State||Jun-17||Jun-16||Yearly % Change|
|SF Bay Area||148.0||148.9||-0.6%|
* Seasonally adjusted
June REALTOR® Market Pulse Survey**:
Entering the summer months, the housing market is showing signs of slowing as REALTORS® begin to grow cautious about dwindling inventory and curbed affordability.
• The share of homes selling above asking price rose from 35 percent a year ago to 39 percent in June, while the share of properties selling below asking price fell from 28 percent to 25 percent. The remaining 36 percent sold at asking price, down from 37 percent in June 2016.
• For homes that sold above asking price, the premium paid over asking price fell from 11 percent in June 2016 to 7 percent in June 2017, the lowest since February 2014.
• The 36 percent of homes that sold below asking price sold for an average of 10 percent below asking price in June, compared to 11 percent a year ago.
• Nearly three-quarters (74 percent) of properties sold in June received multiple offers, up from 72 percent in June 2016, and the number of offers received inched up from 3 offers in June 2016 to 3.5 offers this June.
• The share of properties receiving three or more offers in June was 55 percent, compared to 47 percent a year ago.
• Homes priced under $200,000, $400,000-$499,000, and $2 million and higher posted the greatest gains in receiving three or more offers compared with last year, rising from 23 percent to 39 percent, from 46 percent to 61 percent, and from 29 percent to 83 percent, respectively.
• Listing price reductions rose from 22 percent a year ago to 24 percent in June.
• A lack of available inventory remained at the top of the list of concerns for REALTORS®, with 38 percent indicating it as their biggest concern. Declining housing affordability/high interest rates concerned 29 percent of REALTORS®, while inflated home prices/housing bubble was cited by 23 percent of REALTORS®. A slowdown in economic growth, lending and financing, and policy and regulations rounded out REALTORS®’ remaining biggest concerns.
• While still in positive territory at an index of 52, REALTORS®’ expectations of market conditions over the next year has been on the decline since the beginning of this year.
Graphics (click links to open):
• YTY change in pending home sales by region.
• Pending sales vs. closed escrow sales.
• Fewer properties selling over asking price.
• Multiple offers increase.
• Price range of homes receiving 3+ offers.
• Market Velocity – indicator of future price appreciation.
*Note: C.A.R.’s pending sales information is generated from a survey of more than 70 associations of REALTORS® and MLSs throughout the state. Pending home sales are forward-looking indicators of future home sales activity, offering solid information on future changes in the direction of the market. A sale is listed as pending after a seller has accepted a sales contract on a property. The majority of pending home sales usually become closed sales transactions one to two months later. The year 2008 was used as the benchmark for the Pending Homes Sales Index. An index of 100 is equal to the average level of contract activity during 2008.
**C.A.R.’s Market Pulse Survey is a monthly online survey sent to more than 10,000 California REALTORS® to measure data about their last closed transaction and sentiment about business activity in their market area for the previous month. More than 400 REALTORS® responded.
Leading the way...® in California real estate for more than 110 years, the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (www.car.org) is one of the largest state trade organizations in the United States with more than 190,000 members dedicated to the advancement of professionalism in real estate. C.A.R. is headquartered in Los Angeles.
# # #
We are always interested in hearing from you. Your feedback will help us improve your online experience. Need more help?