1. What is Forms Advisor®? Forms Advisor® is an online software program that identifies which C.A.R. Standard Forms to use and; when used in conjunction with Forms Tutor, how to complete the forms. Local associations and brokers have the ability to extend the Forms Advisor to include local disclosure forms and broker-specific forms (subject to C.A.R. Legal review – see #13 below).
2. Do I have to pay a fee to use Forms Advisor®? Forms Advisor® is a C.A.R. member benefit. It is only available to current C.A.R. members.
3. How does Forms Advisor® work? The C.A.R. Legal team has defined a set of rules regarding forms usage which have been embodied in the Forms Advisor®. The REALTOR® answers questions specific to the transaction and Forms Advisor® provides a list of recommended forms to use for that particular phase of the transaction . It is anticipated that REALTORS® will use the Forms Advisor® many times throughout a transaction as the transaction progresses through its many phases and as additional terms and conditions become germane. Additionally, users can employ features such as Forms Tutor® and the C.A.R. Legal Q&A . Forms Tutor® provides instruction on how to complete the form and the Legal Q&A offers legal charts and other information to assist users in complying with the law. There is also a forms preview option available.
Once the Forms Advisor® has provided you with a list of forms, you can - Print the list. - Add the recommended forms to your zipForm 6 account, either to your current transaction, a new transaction (or template), or a transaction that you designate.
4.What is Forms Tutor®? Forms Tutor® provides fundamental instruction for completing C.A.R. Standard Forms. C.A.R. Forms Tutor is component of Forms Advisor®.
5. How do I access Forms Advisor®? C.A.R. members have three options for accessing Forms Advisor®:
- via link on car.org in the Business Tools section at the zipForm® 6 page - via link within zipForm® 6 Professional software in two ways:
a) Through the drop down list box next to each transaction on the Transaction List page. This opens the Forms Advisor® on that specific transaction and restores all of the answers to the questions to the state they were in the last time you used the Forms Advisor® on that transaction.
b) By creating a new transaction using the Forms Advisor®. This option is available to you through the Forms Advisor® icon on the Transaction List page.
- via zipForm® 6 Standard by following the link on the car.org, Business Tools, zipForm® 6 page.
6. How do I access Forms Tutor® and/or the Legal Q&A? Both of these features are available within the Forms Advisor® program. After entering the specifics of your transaction, Form Advisor® produces a list of recommended C.A.R. forms. An icon linking to Forms Tutor® and/or Legal Q&A are available if you wish to have more information/instruction regarding a specific form. Of course, you can access the Legal Q&As directly through car.org. You will also be able to access the Forms Tutor content directly on car.org by selecting the Forms Tutor® icon from the Quick Links section on the home page.
7. Is the Forms Tutor® feature available for all forms? No, currently Forms Tutor® feature is available for approximately 60 of the C.A.R. Standard Forms.
8. What forms are included in C.A.R. Forms Tutor®? Current Version includes:
*Starred items will be available with the April Forms release
BUYERS AFFIDAVIT (FIRPTA COMPLIANCE)
CONFIRMATION: REAL ESTATE AGENCY RELATIONSHIP
DISCLOSURE REGARDING REAL ESTATE AGENCY
ADDENDUM (FORMERLY DS11 CONTRACT ADDENDUM)
AUTHORIZATION TO RECEIVE & CONVEY INFORMATION
SELLERS AFFIDAVIT OF NONFOREIGN STATUS
ADDITIONAL SIGNATURE ADDENDUM
AGENT VISUAL INSPECTION DISCLOSURE
BUYER'S INSPECTION ADVISORY
BUYER INSPECTION WAIVER
BUYER MATERIAL ISSUES
BUYER NONAGENCY AGREEMENT
COOPERATING BROKER COMPENSATION AGREEMENT
CANCELLATION OF CONTRACT, RELEASE OF DEPO. & JNT
CONSENT FOR COMMUNICATIONS
CANCELLATION OF LISTING
CONTINGENCY FOR SALE OR PURCHASE OF PROPERTY
DISCLOSURE & CONSENT FOR REPRESENTATION
DEMAND TO CLOSE ESCROW
EXTENSION OF TIME ADDENDUM
FEDERAL LEAD BASE PAINT DISCLOSURE
HUD NOTICE TO PURCHASE
HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION INFORMATION
KEY SAFE/LOCK BOX AUTHORIZATION ADDENDUM
MARKET CONDITION ADVISORY
METHAMPHETAMINE CONTAMINATION NOTICE
MANUFACTURED HOME ADVISORY ADDENDUM AND RELEASE
MANUFACTURED HOME DEALER ADDENDUM
MANUFACTURED HOME PURCHASE AGREEMENT & JOINT ESCROW
MANUFACTURED HOME TRANSFER DISCLOSURE
MORTGAGE LOAN DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
NOTICE TO BUYER TO PERFORM
NATURAL HAZARD DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
NOTICE OF NONRESPONSIBILITY
NOTICE TO SELLER TO PERFORM
MULTIPURPOSE OPTION AGREEMENT
PURCHASE AGREEMENT ADDENDUM
PROBATE LISTING AGREEMENT
PROBATE PURCHASE AGREEMENT & JOINT ESCROW
REPORT & DELIVERY OF NOTICES TO PERFORM
RECEIPT FOR REPORTS
RADON GAS AND MOLD NOTICE AND RELEASE AGREEMENT
RECEIPT FOR INCREASE DEPOSIT LIQUIDATED
RESIDENTIAL INCOME PROPERTY PURCHASE AGREEMENT & JOINT ESCROW
RESIDENTIAL LISTING AGREEMENT EXCLUSIVE
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTIAL PURCHASE AGREEMENT
REQUEST FOR REPAIR
STATEWIDE BUYER AND SELLER ADVISORY
SELLER FINANCE ADDENDUM & DISCLOSURE
SELLER NONAGENCY AGREEMENT
SELLER PROPERTY QUESTIONNAIRE
NOTICE OF YOUR “SUPPLEMENTAL” PROPERTY TAX BILL
SUPPLEMENTAL STATUTORY & CONTRACTUAL DISCLOSURES
REAL ESTATE TRANSFER DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
TENANT ESTOPPELS CERTIFICATE
SELLER VACANT LAND QUESTIONNAIRE
VERIFICATION OF PROPERTY CONDITION
WATER HEATER AND SMOKE DETECTOR STATEMENT OF COMPLIANCE
WITHDRAWAL OF AN OFFER
WOOD DESTROYING PEST INSPECTION & ALLOCATION
9. Who do I contact for technical support? - Forms Advisor® functionality question, (213) 739-8227 - Forms Tutor® functionality question - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Telephone: (213) 739-8227
10. What are the program technical requirements?
Forms Advisor® System Requirements: - 1 GHz CPU or higher - 256 MB of available RAM - Microsoft Windows® XP/Vista (32 bit versions only) - Microsoft Internet Explorer® 6.0 or higher - Firefox 2 or higher - Safari, MacOS 10 and above - Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 or higher - 20 MB available hard disk space - Video card supporting at least 1024 x 768 resolution and 256 colors - Any printer that can be configured with Windows Print Manager® - High speed Internet access
The Forms Tutor® feature makes use of Macromedia Flash and requires the Flash plugin. To test if your browser already has the proper Flash support installed, click here to view a test file . If you cannot see the image, please visit the Macromedia Flash website to download the latest version of the free Flash plugin for your browser.
11. Does Forms Tutor® explain every single field? No, it includes general guidelines, instructions and many field-specific references.
12. Who do I contact to report a correction to a form selection or instruction?