Here’s a scenario many of us can relate to: You have your Apple device (iPhone, iPad, iPod) which has music and videos you’ve uploaded from an old iTunes account. Now, Apple comes out with a newer version of said device and you want to transfer those files to your new device. Problem is you don’t have the files in your iTunes account any longer. Now what do you do?
Apple’s iPad Camera Connection Kit to the rescue! Using this kit, you can directly transfer photos and videos from one device to another by following these steps:
1. Purchase the iPad Camera Connection Kit, which comes with a USB adapter and an SD Card Reader.
2. Plug your “sync cable” into your newly acquired Camera Connection Kit USB adapter (the one with the “camera” logo”) by connecting the USB end to the USB port.
3. Connect the “30 pin” dock end of your “sync cable” to the device you want to transfer the files to.
4. Connect the Camera Connection USB adapter end of the “sync cable” to the device you want to take the photos or videos from.
5. The photo and video files from the old device should pop up on your new device immediately. Now, choose the files you want to save to your device by selecting them (“checking” the file) and then pressing “Import.”