8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Thursday January 27, 2011
San Diego Convention Center
Steve Rosco, Chair
Tim Brigham, Vice Chair
Roseanne Howard, Risk Management and Liability
Barbara Delgleize, Transaction
Virginia Butler, Real Estate Finance
Dennis Pantano, License and Regulatory
Ruth Hayles, Executive Committee
Jeff Barnett, NAR representative
Staff: Stan Wieg
I. Introductions and Welcome - Steve Rosco, Chair
II. Legislative Update
A. Legislature and state budget developments
B. Overview of the C.A.R. policy formation process
C. Member mobilization
III. Action Items
A. Real Estate finance - Virginia Butler, Issues Chair
1. Federal short sale regulation bill*
2. Loan Limits
B. License and Regulatory - Dennis Pantano, Issues Chair
1. SB 53 (Calderon), real estate omnibus
a. Citation and fine authority - $2500 vs. $1000 -
b. DRE discovery of records
c. Escrow reporting threshold
d. Access to DMV
e. Technical changes
2. SB 6 (Calderon) Valuation opinions
C. Risk Management and Liability - Roseanne Howard, Issues Chair
1. SB 62 (Liu) Expanded notice to owners of foreclosure actions against their property.
D. Transactions - Barbara Delgleize, Issues Chair
1. SB 2 (Calderon) Short sale facilitators advance fee restrictions; "do it yourself" disclosure
2. SB 4 (Calderon) Notice of sale statutory disclosures
E. Other Action Items and Proposals
IV. Reporting Items
A. Sponsored Legislation
1. Anti-Deficiency protections
2. DRE designated manager rule
3. DRE citation Authority
4. Common Interest Development document fees**
5. Public agency agendas (Brown Act) reform**
[**C.A.R. sponsored legislation in other committees]
B. Real Estate finance - Virginia Butler, Issues Chair
2. Loan Limits
4. FHA Pilot Equity Share Program
5. Review NAR’s New Credit Policy
6. State issues
7. Other updates
C. License and Regulatory - Dennis Pantano, Issues Chair
1. DRE regulations, 2010
3. DRE Commissioner Selection Task Force
D. Risk Management and Liability - Roseanne Howard, Issues Chair
E. Transactions - Barbara Delgleize, Issues Chair
1. Distressed Properties Task Force
2. Lender outreach meetings
F. Other Reporting Items
"* " Denotes an item with an accompanying issues briefing paper.
Please enter your name.
Please enter a valid email address.
Provide us with feedback here.
We are always interested in hearing from you.
Your feedback will help us improve your online experience.