This course is Bureau of Real Estate (BRE) accredited for 4 hours of Continuing Education (CE) in Consumer Services!
As Realtors we can no longer turn blind eye on our past clients who lost their homes due to a job loss, medical, or personal disaster and wish to go back to homeownership. In today's market, focusing on and improving your client's credit profile is one of the most important elements of the home purchasing process. The objective of this workshop is to empower you with practical knowledge and accurate information to help guide your clients. With your guidance, they will learn how to establish, restore and maintain a great credit score. Most importantly, you will learn how to transform mortgage default victims to eligible buyers, and how to convert unknowing renters who could be homeowners.
*This course is not a credit repair workshop and there are no quick fixes here!
After attending this course, participants will gain knowledge of:
- Understanding the different types of FICO® & FAKO scores
- How the FICO® score is truly calculated and applied
- How to read and evaluate a Tri-Merged credit report
- How short sale, foreclosure and bankruptcy impact FICO® score
- How Fannie, Freddie, FHA waiting periods following mortgage defaults work
- How to guide your mortgage defaults victims back to homeownership
- How to prosper & boost your referral base through FHA Back To Work program
- How to convert a prospect with "thin or no credit" history into a homeowner
- How to correctly and easily help your client dispute inaccurate information
- How to protect and restore your client's credit history during spousal disputes
- How to properly guide your client on dealing with collection agencies
- How to establish, rebuild and maintain a perfect credit score
- How credit repair companies' half- truths & scams harm client's relationship
- How to shield your clients from baits and traps of the three credit bureaus.
- How and when you should recommend a credit freeze to your client
- How to select debt management organization when needed
- How to position yourself as a true source of accurate and reliable information
- How to reinforce your credibility through credit education and much more…
Speaker: Nabil Captan is a nationally recognized credit-scoring expert, educator, author and producer. Nabil is an instructor with the California Association of Realtors. His dedication to financial literacy led him to create and present a California Bureau of Real Estate approved course "The Truth about Credit Scores and Credit Reports" (CA BRE Sponsor no. 4887) and The Credit DVD series in English, Spanish and Chinese. Nabil is a National Center Stage Speaker for Wells Fargo Home Mortgage; he has participated in numerous conferences, panels and round table for Real Estate Professionals, Financial Planners, lenders, educators and Credit Counselors. Nabil is a regular contributor and speaker for the U.S. Small Business Administration & SCORE, he was nominated to receive their Financial Services "Champion for the year 2010".