This 4-hour course is designed to be the second in a 2-part series that provides tools and information helping students to understand the fundamentals of negotiation, along with different theories of how to negotiate in the context of negotiations that REALTORS® perform every day.
To register for an upcoming live lecture or LearnMyWay™ course near you, visit the C.A.R. Education Calendar.
How you benefit from taking this course:
After attending this course, participants will be able to:
1. Negotiate their commissions;
2. Educate their Buyer or Seller about the present market with up-to-date current market conditions and values;
3. Help a Seller realize that a list price that doesn't budge on price or terms will become an expired listing;
4. Refuse to enter into a contract at a price that you know absolutely will not result in a deal!
5. Develop a positive relationship and improve negotiations with the other agent and those in related services including Escrow, Title, Termite, Inspectors etc. to help the deal go smoothly;
6. Effectively prepare for a negotiation by identifying and evaluating goals, leverage and concessions;
7. Understand who you represent and how to make Dual Agency work;
8. Overcome obstacles and successfully close (and know when to "walk away" from) the deal.
This course covers:
Five major sections:
1. The Negotiator's Role
2. The Seller (Listing Process)
3. The Buyer (Purchasing Process)
4. The Escrow Process
5. Dual Agency
**Mock Negotiation Exercises are included in the Seller, Buyer and Dual Agency segments of the class. In the mock negotiations students will apply use of BATNA, WATNA, WAP, ZOPA and WIIFM, tools learned in the first Negotiation class.
Who should attend:
Intended for all real estate professionals that have not gone through negotiation training or those looking to refresh their training.