Time to bring it home. Find zipForm®, transaction tools, and all the closing resources you'll need. Except for the champagne — that's on you.
Help, I need backup! Whether it's legal or financial help you need, C.A.R.'s got your back with these resources.
If you're a member looking to resolve a minor dispute or communication issue with another REALTOR®, a C.A.R. ombudsman may be able to help!
Provides you with invaluable one-on-one assistance with short sales, funding, REOs, Deeds in Lieu, and other mortgage related questions or issues. Speak to a trusted mortgage advisor for REALTORS® today!Mortgage Finance Additional Resources
Looking for additional assistance? The Customer Contact Center is looking forward to serving you Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:45 p.m.
C.A.R. members can call this hotline to receive free confidential legal advice from the best real estate lawyers on earth!
Time to bring it home. Complete transactions and contracts electronically through zipForm®.
zipForm® features easy-to-use navigation that lets you move quickly through documents and transactionszipForm® Plus zipForm® Standard
Simplify the transaction with secure electronic signatures
Free advice to help you understand the form youre using with Forms Tutor® and identify which form you need for your transaction with Forms Advisor™
C.A.R. Standard Forms are developed by the C.A.R. Legal Department which gathers input from real estate professionals and attorneys to create user-friendly, comprehensive, and dependable forms.
Access many additional forms libraries available to you within your zipForm® account
Manage all of your REALTOR® agent accounts, transactions and forms effortlessly and efficientlyTeam Edition
Order affiliated services easily without leaving your zipForm® account with the fully integrated Service Providers
Get answers to your zip-Related questions with user guides, FAQs, videos and more.
We're here to help, people! Business products and tools to empower REALTORS®.
Your one-stop-source for real estate products, forms, education, high-tech tools and more
Download the latest C.A.R. mobile apps, including CARmojies & Stickers, C.A.R., Legal Hotline, CA REALTOR® EXPO, and zipForm Mobile.
Help your potential buyers open the door to home-ownership by searching from over 400 available down payment assistance programs throughout California.
The REALTOR® Badge is a personalized widget that verifies your status and displays your REALTOR® information from NRDS, including office and designation information.
Q: Where do I go to get legal questions answered? A: Easy, look to the right!
Legal articles, many in question and answer format, are currently available on over 150 subjects in 50-plus categories.All Legal Q&As 2017 Q&As 2017 Q&A Revisions 2016 Q&As 2016 Q&A Revisions
Brief summary of the five available disclosure charts with links to each of the charts.Lease/Rental Chart REO Chart Sales Disclosure Chart Summary Chart New Home Chart Disclosure Charts (PDF)
Short, helpful, 1-page articles, summaries, PowerPoint presentations, and videos for Brokers, Agents, and Consumers.
Mark your calendars for our yearly meetings and events!
The main Business Meetings page includes important links for Directors and Committee Members.Current Meeting Materials Tentative Program Committee Selection Summary of Action Items Meeting Registration
CALIFORNIA REALTOR® EXPO, the state's largest real estate trade show.
Plan your week with these can't miss events. Join us on Tuesday, May 2, for C.A.R.’s Center for California Real Estate event. Attend the special luncheon event with C.A.R.'s CEO Joel Singer to find out what's next for the real estate market on Thursday, May 4.
We offer a wide array of real estate educational courses, certifications & designations in various formats.
Easily renew your real estate license with the FREE 45 hour online license renewal package from C.A.R.
Prepare to earn your real estate license with our online courses
Build and drive success for your real estate business with the training you need for continuous improvement
Distinguish yourself by learning how to build a business that specializes in niche markets to nearly double your earning potential in various real estate sectors
Browse our class schedule to find when and where to take real estate courses.
Get the description you need to learn more about our many courses offered. To find courses by career path, please visit our Career Path page.
Complete your eight-hour NMLS license renewal requirement through our NMLS-approved provider, OnlineEd
Got knowledge? All the info you need on California’s housing market, economy, and issues impacting the industry.
Brokers/ManagersExecutive Exchange Webinar Series Industry News
This program represents our ongoing commitment to enhancing the professionalism of all our members.
Speeches & Presentations from C.A.R. Business Meetings and other Events
From webinars to videos and podcasts to blogs, C.A.R. keeps you in the know.Housing Matters Blog Slideshows Videos
C.A.R. publishes eight magazine issues and various newsletters throughout the year.Newsletters California Real Estate Magazine
Webinars focusing on the critical issues that impact REALTORS®, their clients, and the real estate industry.California Housing Market Webinars Finance Helpline Webinars Legal Webinars Upcoming Webinars
You're the brand! Use our marketing tools to tell your story.
A one-stop shop for tools and and resources to educate consumers about the intracacies of buying and selling a home and how a REALTOR® can help.ClientDIRECT® Infographics
Explore and interact with the latest market statistics.County Market Updates Market @ A Glance Market Snapshot
Marketing tools from C.A.R.'s consumer advertising campaignCARmojis Legal Hotline App REALTOR® RealTalk REALTOR® ReelMaker
See the latest social media content from C.A.R. and find content for you to share on your own social media.Featured Share of the Week Success with Social Media
You’ve gone pro! So here are guidelines about MLS rules and professional standards.
California Model MLS Rules, Issues Briefing Papers, and other articles and materials related to MLS policy.
Summaries and photos of California REALTORS® who violated the Code of Ethics and were disciplined with a fine, letter of reprimand, suspension, or expulsion.
An explanation of C.A.R.'s position on MLS consolidations in general and a statewide MLS in particular.
The most recent edition of the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of the National Association of REALTORS®.
The California Professional Standards Reference Manual, Local Association Forms, Interboard Arbitration Rules, and other materials related to Code of Ethics enforcement and arbitration.
Be trendy -- stay current with our latest market forecasts and data analyses.
Following modest gains in home sales in 2016, California’s housing market will post a nominal increase in 2017.
View the latest sales and price numbers. Find out where sales will be in upcoming months.Current Sales & Price Statistics Housing Affordability Index - Traditional Pending Home Sales Index Rent Vs. Buy Historical Housing Data
The all-new Housing Matters Podcast is your housing hub for market analysis, economic trends, and housing news.
Stay connected with the latest releases by subscribing to the products and services that interests you.
Gain insights on California's housing market through interactive dashboards. Select your metrics and see where the data takes you.
From outreaches to webinars, the Research and Economics team is sharing their insight on the market and the economy.
Californians are surveyed annually to gain insights on the housing market from their persepective.
It's the Law -- C.A.R.'s legal eagles tell you what you need to know to stay out of trouble.
Summaries of legislation and regulation effecting REALTORS® and updates on news relevant to REALTORS®.Legal News 2017 Laws 2016 Laws
Important industry cases, resources and informationNew Decisions Real Estate Resources Small Claims Court Recent Legal Developments
An industry that works together, thrives together. Participate in legislative advocacy as a C.A.R. member!
C.A.R. advocates for REALTOR® issues in Washington D.C., Sacramento and in city and county governments throughout California.Federal Issues State Government Affairs Local Advocacy Resources
CREPAC, LCRC, IMPAC and the RAF comprise C.A.R.'s political fundraising arm.CREPAC/LCRC IMPAC State and Local REALTOR® Action Fund
This is so us...who we are and what we do.
Meet the 2017 C.A.R. Leadership Team
C.A.R. is a statewide trade association dedicated to the advancement of professionalism in real estate.
Learn about advertising with C.A.R.
C.A.R. and its subsidiaries are currently recruiting for the following job opportunities.
Looking for additional assistance? The Customer Contact Center is looking forward to serving you Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:45 p.m.
C.A.R.'s Media Center houses the Association's news releases, media guidelines, and logos.News Releases C.A.R. Logos
Partner With Us
Adding REALTOR® next to your name is cool. What comes with that title is even cooler. Check out your benefits.
As a new member of C.A.R. you have questions about your benefits and discounts. Find the answers here.Member FAQs
C.A.R.'s annual consumer advertising campaign creates awareness of the REALTOR® brand and demonstrates the many benefits of the consumer-REALTOR® relationship.Who's Your REALTOR®?
Represent! Join C.A.R. in our community and foundation programs.
Programs and grants to provide direct assistance to address the housing crisis in California.Make A Donation HAF Statewide Programs Grants For Local Associations HAF Donors/Supporters 8th Annual HAF Casino Night HAF Golf Tournament
C.A.R. stands ready to assist REALTORS® who have been impacted by these wildfires through its Disaster Relief Fund.
Super REALTORS® protect our industry from bad legislation. Find out how you can too!
Do you have an innovative idea(s) with regards to real estate? Submit your idea(s) for a chance to partner with C.A.R. and transform tomorrow's industry!
Scholarships for California students planning to pursue a career in real estate.
Grants for California REALTORS® pursuing advanced real estate designations.
Find information and tools to help you connect with diverse groups and create business or leadership opportunities.International Real Estate 2017 WomanUP!™ Conference Real Estate Organizations
New to the industry? YPN is a network to sharpen your skills, heighten your leadership, and connect with fellow REALTORS®.
Whichever department you are looking to speak with, don't hesitate to reach out! We'd love to hear from you.
March 22, 2017
California pending home sales dial back, marking weakest February in three years
LOS ANGELES (March 22) – After a solid start to the year in closed escrow sales, low housing inventory, eroding affordability, and rising interest rates mildly pulled back pending sales on a year-over-year basis in February, the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (C.A.R.) said today.
In line with seasonal patterns, REALTORS® responding to C.A.R.’s February Market Pulse Survey** saw elevated market activity, with an increase in floor calls, presentations, and open house traffic for the second month in a row.
Pending home sales data:
• Based on signed contracts, statewide pending home sales decreased in February on a seasonally adjusted basis, with the Pending Home Sales Index (PHSI)* declining 2.6 percent from 113.5 in February 2016 to 110.6 in February 2017, marking the weakest February in three years. On a monthly basis, California pending home sales were up 3.2 percent from the January index of 107.2.
• After leading the state for the past year, non-seasonally adjusted pending home sales in the Southern California region decreased for the first time in nearly a year, slipping 2.8 percent from 97.9 in February 2016 to 95.2 in February 2017. The year-over-year decline was driven by a decrease in pending sales of 2.6 percent in Riverside County, 5.1 percent in San Diego County, 6 percent in Orange County, and 12.2 percent in San Bernardino County. Only Los Angeles County posted a year-over-year improvement in pending sales, but only by a paltry 0.9 percent.
• For the San Francisco Bay Area as a whole – which has been plagued by a shortage of homes on the market and poor affordability – non-seasonally adjusted pending sales were down year-to-year for the fifth straight month, with every tracked county in the region experiencing a drop in pending sales activity. The Bay Area pending sales index fell 10 percent from 145.2 in February 2016 to 130.6 in February 2017. Santa Cruz and San Francisco counties experienced the largest year-to-year reductions in pending sales of 40.6 percent and 23 percent, respectively. Pending home sales fell 9.2 percent from the previous year in San Mateo County, 7.5 percent in Santa Cruz, and 5.6 percent in Monterey.
• Pending sales in the Central Valley Region fell 11.4 percent from 86.2 in February 2016 to 76.3 in February 2017. Within Central Valley, pending sales were down 1.6 percent in Kern County and 19.4 percent in Sacramento compared with a year ago.
Year-to-Year Change in Pending Sales by County/Region
|County/Region/State||Feb-17||Feb-16||Yearly % Change|
|San Francisco Bay Area||130.6||145.2||-10.0%|
* Seasonally adjusted
February REALTOR® Market Pulse Survey**:
While pending sales were lower in February, California REALTORS® responding to C.A.R.’s February Market Pulse Survey expect improved market conditions in the near term, as they reported an increase in floor calls, listing appointments, and open house traffic, as well as an increase in multiple offers.
• The share of homes selling above asking price dipped from 31 percent a year ago to 30 percent in February. Conversely, the share of properties selling below asking price increased to 37 percent from 35 percent in February 2016. The remaining 34 percent sold at asking price, down from 35 percent in February 2016.
• For homes that sold above asking price, the premium paid over asking price edged up to 12 percent, up from 11 percent a year ago.
• The 38 percent of homes that sold below asking price sold for an average of 14 percent below asking price in February, compared to 13 percent a year ago.
• Nearly three-fourths of properties for sale (71 percent) received multiple offers in February, down from 75 percent in February 2016.
• The share of properties receiving three or more offers in February was 47 percent, compared to 48 percent a year ago.
• The share of homes priced $500,000 to $749,000 posted the largest gain in receiving three or more offers, rising from 9 percent in February 2016 to 12 percent in February 2017.
• As prices fell more in line with the market, listing price reductions declined to 22 percent in February, down from 26 percent in February 2016.
• Rising for the sixth straight month, a lack of available inventory was the top concern for 40 percent of REALTORS®, the highest level in a year. Eroding housing affordability/high interest rates concerned 32 percent of REALTORS®. Inflated home prices/housing bubble was cited by 14 percent of REALTORS®. A slowdown in economic growth, lending and financing, and policy and regulations rounded out REALTORS®’ remaining biggest concerns.
• REALTORS®’ expectation of market conditions over the next year edged up in February to an index of 68, up from an index of 64 a year ago.
Graphics (click links to open):
• YTY change in pending home sales by region.
• Pending sales vs. closed escrow sales.
• Share of properties receiving multiple offers.
• Price range of homes receiving 3+ offers.
• Lack of inventory tops REALTORS®’ concerns.
*Note: C.A.R.’s pending sales information is generated from a survey of more than 70 associations of REALTORS® and MLSs throughout the state. Pending home sales are forward-looking indicators of future home sales activity, offering solid information on future changes in the direction of the market. A sale is listed as pending after a seller has accepted a sales contract on a property. The majority of pending home sales usually become closed sales transactions one to two months later. The year 2008 was used as the benchmark for the Pending Homes Sales Index. An index of 100 is equal to the average level of contract activity during 2008.
**C.A.R.’s Market Pulse Survey is a monthly online survey sent to more than 10,000 California REALTORS® to measure data about their last closed transaction and sentiment about business activity in their market area for the previous month. Approximately 300 REALTORS® responded.
Leading the way...® in California real estate for more than 110 years, the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (www.car.org) is one of the largest state trade organizations in the United States with more than 185,000 members dedicated to the advancement of professionalism in real estate. C.A.R. is headquartered in Los Angeles.
# # #