1. How much does zipLogix Digital Ink cost?
2. How do I send documents for digital signature to my clients?
3. Will I be able to specify who gets to sign the documents first?
4. How will a client e-sign a transaction?
5. How does Identity Verification work?
6. How can I access the documents that my client signed with digital signatures?
7. Can I upload non-zipForm® documents to send to my clients to sign using zipLogix Digital Ink?
8. What should I do if I sent the document to someone to sign and they didn't sign it?
9. What is the difference between zipLogix Digital Ink and DocuSign?
10. Can you use zipLogix Digital Ink on a mobile device?
11. Why isn't my buyer or seller signature tag showing up on the CO, DA, SSIA or MT?
12. What does "Suspend", "Activate" and "Cancel" mean?
13. Is there an easy way for the signer to see the next unsigned signature/initial field?
14. What is the maximum file size of a PDF that I can send for electronic signature?
1. How much does zipLogix Digital Ink® cost? zipLogix Digital Ink® is available for free to C.A.R. members for unlimited transactions and signers.
2. How do I send documents for digital signature to my clients? Click the “eSign” icon from the File menu toolbar in zipForm®. Or use the "Signatures" icon inside of zipForm® Mobile Web Edition.
3. Will I be able to specify who gets to sign the documents first? Yes, you may choose sequential signing or same notification signing. To change the order in sequential signing, in the Select Recipients box, select the order of recipient notification using the arrow buttons. And disable any recipient types that you are not sending the transaction to. You can use Enable/Disable All to select more than one recipient. Note that the first signer must complete the signing process before the second signer has the ability to sign. If you'd like to give signers the ability to sign at the same time, click the "Continue to zipLogix Digital Ink" button to modify their order.
4. How will a client e-sign a transaction? The client will receive an email with a custom link in it. The link will send them to a secure website and require them to create a PIN (password) so that they can access the transaction again if necessary. This PIN will serve to protect the transaction from others accessing it.
5. How does Identity Verification work? Identity Verification is an optional additional security measure to verify a signer’s identity. The zipForm® user will be charged $5 per signer per transaction and will be prompted to enter credit card information before sending off for signature. Identity Verification will ask the signer a series of questions to verify their identity. The information for these questions comes from publicly available data sources, such as county or city records. None of the information comes from the signer’s credit record nor impacts their credit record. All of the information complies with all relevant local and federal privacy laws.
6. How can I access the documents that my client signed with digital signatures? There are three ways to view signed documents. (1) Login to zipForm® Plus (online version) and open the transaction you sent signatures for. Click the zipVault® tab to view your signed documents. Documents are saved by the date and time signed. It will only display fully completed documents. (2) You can review the signed documents from your zipForm®’s E-sign icon. Select “Check Status” to view the documents. (3) You may also CC yourself before sending the forms for signature and a zipped (compressed) file will be emailed to you with the executed PDFs.
7. Can I upload non-zipForm® documents to send to my clients to sign using zipLogix Digital Ink®? Yes, use the "Continue to zipLogix Digital Ink" button to upload non-zipForm® PDFs such as local disclosures or escrow documents. For the mobile version, have the PDF in zipVault® to tag it for electronic signature.
8. What should I do if I sent the document to someone to sign and they didn't sign it? REALTORS® sending documents using digital signatures should provide additional information explaining the use of digital signatures for real estate contracts. Get more information of the legality of e-signatures via C.A.R.’s Legal Q&A visit http://www.car.org/legal/contract-forms-folder/electronic-signatures-records/ .
9. What is the difference between zipLogix Digital Ink® and DocuSign®? At this time, DocuSign® has the ability to create signing templates, upload other file types beyond PDF, and create broker administration accounts. zipLogix Digital Ink® is the only service offered as a free member benefit from C.A.R. Having multiple e-sign choices benefits you by keeping the products competitive in pricing as well as in the latest features. Both are integrated with zipForm®. Continue to use the service that works best with your business practices.
10. Can you use zipLogix Digital Ink® on a mobile device? Yes, with the zipForm® Mobile : http://www.car.org/tools/zipForm/zfmobile/
11. Why isn't my buyer or seller signature tag showing up on the CO, DA SSIA, or MT? In the forms listed, a buyer or seller could be signing that particular field. C.A.R. has "pre-tagged" the forms for you but we are using the role called "Seller or Buyer One" and so forth to denote those signatures that vary. For example when sending for signature, you will need to add Buyer One's name and email address to both signing roles (Buyer One and Seller or Buyer One). Buyer One will then receive two email invitations to sign. One email will be for Buyer One. The second email will be for Seller or Buyer One. To see an example with the CAR form MT, click here.
12. What does "Suspend", "Activate" and "Cancel" mean? If you click the button "Continue to zipLogix Digital Ink®", your transaction will be automatically suspended until you've completed the editing process. That means that no parties have been invited to sign your documents. You must hit the Activate button, to start the invitation process. If at any time you'd like to stop the next person from receiving the invitation, you can hit Suspend. Cancel will not allow any person to sign and stop the reminder emails to all parties.
13. Is there an easy way for the signer to see the next unsigned signature/initial field? Yes, they can use the "tab" button on their keyboard to automatically be sent to the next unsigned field. Currently, it does not take them to related fields (text, checkbox, date).
14. What is the maximum file size of a PDF that I can send for electronic signature?If you're using the eSign icon from within a zipForm transaction, the maximum PDF size is 10MB. If you're using the "Continue to zipLogix Digtial Ink" button and then uploading the PDF (inside of the zipLogix Digital Ink interface) the maximum file size is 100MB per PDF.