Queries: California Real Estate magazine accept queries, but acceptance does not constitute guarantee of publication. Queries will be considered based on relevance to mission of the publication, editorial needs, and timeliness of the topic. Priority consideration will be given to submissions that: contain original content produced explicitly for publication in California Real Estate magazine; contain interviews with members of the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®; and, if discussing a product or service, include information about products/services from at least two (2) competing vendors in addition to the vendor on whose behalf the query is submitted. If California Real Estate decides to pursue an article about the topic of the query, the publication will contact you for additional details.
Please submit queries by fax or email to:
California Real Estate magazine Attn: Heather Skyler (213) 351-8478 email@example.com
Lead Time: California Real Estate magazine works on a three- to four-month lead time. You can view our editorial calendar (PDF file) by clicking here.
Freelance Writers: Traditionally, California Real Estate magazine works with freelance writers on an assignment basis. To be considered for a freelance opportunity, please submit your résumé and three recent published samples of your writing to:
CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® Attn: Editor/Freelance Writer Opportunity 525 S. Virgil Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90020 Fax: (213) 351-8478 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Freelance Writer Opportunity
Style Guidelines for Writers Contributing to California Real Estate magazine
1. California Real Estate magazine follows the style guidelines of the Associated Press.
2. Use of the term REALTOR®: Always capitalize the entire word and follow with the registration symbol (®), ONLY to designate a licensed real estate practitioner who is a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, C.A.R., and his or her local association/board of REALTORS®. Other acceptable uses of the REALTOR® term are: REALTORS®, REALTOR®'s, REALTORS®', REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®, REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®s, REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®'s, REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®s'. No other combinations using the word "REALTOR®" are acceptable. Non-member practitioners (i.e., real estate license holders that are NOT members of their local association/board of REALTORS®, C.A.R., and the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®) may not be referred to with the REALTOR® trademark. Such individuals should be referred to as real estate brokers or real estate sales associates.
3. Include the name, title, complete office name, and office location (city) of interviewees within the body of the article.
4. Articles should be submitted in Microsoft Word document format.
5. Per editorial policy, all writers are asked to submit a comprehensive list of potential sources and interviewees for review by an in-house editorial panel to avoid any potential licensee conflicts. Source lists should be submitted approximately two weeks before the final deadline to ameliorate any potential conflicts before articles are completed and should include contact information for each source. Upon submission of article assignments, authors should include a source list containing the name, title, company and contact information for individuals quoted within the piece.
About California Real Estate Magazine
First published in 1920, California Real Estate (CRE) magazine is the official publication of the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. CRE magazine is a trade journal published eight times a year by the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. With a monthly circulation rate of more than 160,000 readers, California Real Estate magazine targets the state's licensed real estate practitioner. CRE magazine is read by real estate brokers, salespeople, appraisers, mortgage bankers, attorneys, escrow officers, business and political leaders, investors and educators.
The magazine is designed to educate, inform, and communicate diverse ideas and practical applications pertaining to all areas of real estate, with an emphasis on the residential industry. CRE magazine is committed to providing in-depth evaluations of issues and techniques that affect the real estate industry. To that end, California Real Estate features standing columns dedicated to legislative and legal updates, technology, and general industry news. In addition, the publication features topical articles exploring issues of importance to REALTORS®' business, including the Internet's impact on industry practices, new business strategies, economic reports and market forecasts, and demographic shifts. Recent issues of CRE magazine can be accessedonline.
About the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
The CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® is the largest state trade organization in the United States, with more than 160,000 members dedicated to the advancement of professionalism in the real estate industry. C.A.R. was founded in 1905 and is headquartered in Los Angeles with legislative offices in Sacramento.