To: All Californians Attending the Midyear Directors Meetings and Hill Visits
From: LeFrancis Arnold, C.A.R. President
Regarding: Important Events for Californians
As we prepare for the NAR meetings in Washington, DC, I want to provide you with an overview of key activities for Californians attending the committee and Board of Directors meetings, as well as the Capitol Hill visits with the members of the California Congressional delegation.
1. California NAR Directors Briefing. Tuesday, May 15 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Thurgood Marshall Ballroom South.
2. Congressional Issues Briefings. A Congressional Issues Briefing session will be held to prepare you for our visits with your members of Congress. We will be highlighting the "hot issues" that you need to discuss with your members of Congress.
The session will be held on Tuesday, May 15 from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Thurgood Marshall Ballroom South (only one session will be held).
Californians planning on attending the Hill Visits with members of Congress must attend. For more information, contact Matthew Roberts at (213) 739-8284 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. California Congressional Reception. A reception in honor of the California Congressional Delegation will be held on Wednesday, May 16, 2012 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Montpelier Room of the Madison Building of the Library of Congress. Invitations have been extended to each of the California representatives and their staff.
A secure baggage check area will be available for those C.A.R. members whose flight schedules may require them to come straight to the reception from the airport.
4. Congressional Visits. Visits with the member of Congress will be held on Wednesday, May 16 and Thursday, May 17. Please visit the Capitol Hill Visit Schedule Web Page for more information and to contact the appropriate Federal Political Coordinator listed for each member of Congress if you would like to attend the appointment.
5. MLS/ProStandards Committees Briefing. Wednesday, May 16 from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m., Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Marriott Balcony B Mezzanine Level. All Californians serving on the MLS and ProStandards Committees should attend. For more information please contact June Barlow at email@example.com or (213) 739-8277.
6. NAR Legislative and Political Forum. The Legislative and Political Forum will be held Tuesday May 15 from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Marriott Ballroom .
7. Region 13 Caucus. Friday, May 18 from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Thurgood Marshall Ballroom SW. All California NAR Directors must attend.
8.REALTOR® Rally. Join fellow REALTORS® to Protect the American Dream of Home Ownership on Thursday, May 17 from 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. at the Washington Monument. For additional information click here.
9. Issue Papers. Below you will find a link for the Federal Legislative Priorities on pending federal issues. Also included are copies of specific committee agenda summaries, agendas for the California NAR Directors Briefing and both Congressional Issues Briefings sessions, including a schedule of the Capitol Hill appointments with a matrix showing committee assignments for each member of Congress.