To: All Californians Attending the Midyear Directors Meetings and Hill Visits
From: Don Faught, C.A.R. President
Regarding: Important Events for Californians
As we prepare for the NAR meetings in Washington, DC, I want to provide you with an overview of key activities for Californians attending the committee and Board of Directors meetings, as well as the Capitol Hill visits with the members of the California Congressional Delegation.
1. California NAR Directors Briefing. Tuesday, May 14 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., Delaware Suite, Marriott Wardman Park Hotel.
2. Congressional Issues Briefing. A Congressional Issues Briefing session will be held to prepare you for our visits with your members of Congress. We will be highlighting the "hot issues" that you need to discuss with your members of Congress.
The session will be held on Tuesday, May 14 from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., Delaware Suite, Marriott Wardman Park Hotel.
Californians planning on attending the Hill Visits with members of Congress must attend. For more information, contact Matthew Roberts at (213) 739-8284 or via email at email@example.com.
3. NAR 360. Formerly known as 591/2 Minutes. A Member & Director Update & Industry Symposium. Tuesday, May 14 from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m., Marriott Ballroom, Marriott Wardman Park Hotel.
4. California Congressional Reception. A reception in honor of the California Congressional Delegation will be held on Wednesday, May 15, 2012 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the Montpelier Room of the Madison Building of the Library of Congress. Invitations have been extended to each of the California representatives and their staff.
A secure baggage check area will be available for those C.A.R. members whose flight schedules may require them to come straight to the reception from the airport.
5. Congressional Hill Visits. Visits with the members of Congress will be held on Wednesday, May 15 and Thursday, May 16. Please visit the Capitol Hill Visit Schedule Web Page for more information and to contact the appropriate Federal Political Coordinator listed for each member of Congress if you would like to attend the appointment.
6. MLS/ProStandards Committees Briefing. Wednesday, May 15 from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m., Wilson Room A/B, Marriott Wardman Park Hotel. All Californians serving on the MLS and ProStandards Committees should attend. For more information please contact June Barlow at firstname.lastname@example.org or (213) 739-8277.
7. NAR Federal Priority Issues Briefing. The Federal Priority Issues Briefing will be held Wednesday May 15 from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m., Marriott Ballroom Salon 1/2, Marriott Wardman Park Hotel. REALTORS® will be briefed for issue discussions with their Members of Congress during their Capitol Hill office visits.
8. Region 13 Caucus. Friday, May 17 from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Thurgood Marshall Ballroom SW, Marriott Wardman Park Hotel. All California NAR Directors must attend.
9. Issue Papers. Below you will find a link for the Federal Legislative Priorities on pending federal issues. Also included are copies of specific committee agendas, agendas for the California NAR Directors Briefing and Congressional Issues Briefings session, including a schedule of the Capitol Hill appointments with a matrix showing committee assignments for each member of Congress.
Use the QuickPrint feature to print meeting materials from more than one committee at a time by selecting from the list of materials.