The CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® Finance Helpline is proud to present a series of Workshops & Events that will educate and prepare our REALTORS® with first hand kowledgeable insight to the mortgage and housing finance system.
DOWN PAYMENT RESOURCE:
August 20 & 21: Down payment holding your buyers back? Learn how to move them off the sidelines.
Down Payment Assistance 101: Join us for a free live webinar to understand the three most common types of homeownership programs and how to match your buyers and properties to these hard-to-find resources.
What you will learn
• How to start a conversation guaranteed to leave a buyer wanting more • How to easily match buyers with $5,000 or more in down payment and closing cost help • The many programs available
in your market today • How to find lenders happy to do the hard work to get you and your buyer to closing
Who should attend
• Agents who want critical, market and property-specific information that buyers need • Agents who want to be known as
the local real estate expert • Agents who want more sales and referrals
August 27 & 28: Two costly misunderstandings consumers have about home buying.
Many buyers remain sidelined, but new research by Zelman & Associates finds that it may be an unnecessary wait.
1. Buyers greatly overestimate the amount of down payment the need. 2. Buyers underestimate the assistance and financing alternatives available to them. 3. Result: Delayed homeownership and a costly “wait and see” game.
Why are we letting those misunderstandings fester and prevent otherwise eligible buyers from participating in the purchase market when there are so many responsible financing alternatives available? To increase purchase business, we must show buyers that there are more options available than they realize. Join us for a free live webinar to understand the solutions you can offer your buyers.
Who should attend
• Agents and lenders who want to drive momentum with early leads • Agents and lenders who want more sales and referrals • Agents and lenders who need to move their pipeline forward
Sacramento Convention Center - Ballroom - 1400 J St, Sacramento, CA 95814
DOWN PAYMENT RESOURCE:
"Down Payment Assistance Basics: Expand Your Ability to Help New Clietns"
Thousands of fully-funded, unique homebuyer assistance programs are available across the country. These programs can help drive buyer curiosity and provide options for buyers who think they can’t buy now. We break down the three most common homebuyer assistance types and review the flexibility and benefits of these programs. You’ll understand how you can use down payment assistance programs to help new buyers achieve homeownership.
You can view all Down Payment Resource past webinar recordings and other scheduled webinars on their education page.
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EDUCATION AND ESCALATION WORKSHOP:
"Mortgage Financing in 2014: What You Need To Know"
C.A.R.'s Finance Helpline in partnership with Fannie Mae held a Finance Helpline Workshop on Thursday, March 20, 2014. The workshop offered REALTORS® an opportunity to hear from lenders, servicers and agencies about the changes affecting today's lending environment and provided one-on-one appointments to review stalled transactions and offer home buying assistance.
For information on the various panels held during the C.A.R. Finance Helpline Workshop and other information, read below:
- Moderator – Kevin Brown, 2014 C.A.R. President - Chase – Kyle Kasperick - Bank of America – Allen Seelenbinder - Citi – Jim McCraw
“Down Payment Assistance Programs, Changes and Help for Home Owners & Buyers” – Assistance ProgramsPDF
- Shane Hartzler, Moderator - Making Home Affordable - California Housing Finance Agency – Tom Nann - Down Payment Resource – Rob Chrane - Housing Urban Development – Nancy West - Freddie Mac – Jacqui Cosgrove
“Navigating Through Today’s Short Sales” – A Short Sale Panel PDF
- Fannie Mae – Jane Severn, Moderator - Bank of America – Adam Herson - Citi – Kamara McMullen - Ocwen – Thomas Conrady - Chase – Pedro Villasmil - Nationstar – Tim Fogarty - Wells Fargo – Abel Fregoso
HOT TOPICS WEBINAR:
What toExpect with Dodd-Frank and Why QM Doesn't Matter - Wednesday, January 8, 2014
The Dodd-Frank QM/QRM rules go into effect on January 10th, 2014 and C.A.R. wants its members to understand how these rules may or may not impact their clients and business in 2014. Hear from the largest lenders and the GSE's/FHA during C.A.R.'s January Hot Topics Webinar, presented by C.A.R.'s Finance Helpline.
The true story about QM
The most significant changes REALTORS® and their clients should expect in programs or offerings in the coming year
How the lending guidelines will look in the coming year
How to work effectively with lenders in 2014
Kyle C. Kasperick, VP Lending, JP Morgan Chase
Jim McCraw, Lending Market Manager, CitiMortgage, Inc.
Sheilah Goodman, Associate General Counsel, Fannie Mae
Nancy West, Marketing and Outreach Specialist, Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Moderated by Sara Sutachan, Manager of Broker & Real Estate Finance Outreach - Bio