The following Committee Guidelines will be followed as to eligibility for certain appointments:
• PAC (voting) members should not serve as Chair, Vice Chair or Issue Chair of standing committees, nor on the Executive Committee unless required in the Bylaws.
• Strategic Planning and Finance Committee is a significant responsibility -- no other service as a Chair, Vice Chair or Issue Chair allowed; may serve as a member on committees provided there is no conflict with the SPF meetings; may serve as a member on a task force.
• Executive Committee is a significant responsibility – no other standing committee assignment (Chair, Vice Chair, Issue Chair or Member) other than service on: a) task force, b) Alternate member on a PAC or c) Liaison member (non voting) representing their Region on Strategic Planning & Finance Committee.
• Committee Liaison is a significant responsibility – no other standing committee assignment (Chair, Vice Chair, Issue Chair or Member) other than service on a task force.
• Local Association Presidents shall not serve in other leadership positions (Chair, Vice Chair, Issue Chair, Executive, or Strategic Planning & Finance); may serve as a member on committees provided there is no conflict with the Association Presidents Leadership Forum.
• Regional Chair is a significant responsibility -- no other standing committee appointments except as required in the Region’s official procedures, e.g., serving as Alternate member on Nominating Committee.
• Nominating Committee Members (Regional Representative - voting) shall not serve in other leadership positions (current Regional Chair, Executive Committee, Committee Liaison, Chair, Vice Chair, Issue Chair, or on SPF as a Member). Alternates may serve in leadership capacity as long as no meeting time conflicts with meetings of Nominating Committee.
Deadline Reminders for 2014 Appointments
Deadlines: The deadline for submitting C.A.R. Committee Leadership Recommendations (Chair, Vice Chair or Issue Chair of Standing Committees, and Chair, Vice Chair or Members of Special or Advisory Committees) for 2014 is May 10, 2013. Click here to view the 2014 Committee Selection Timeline.
Re-appointment to Committees: A member currently serving on a committee, and whose term expires at the end of the current year, must submit a request if he/she wants to be considered for reappointment. These individuals are not automatically considered for reappointment. Continuing Terms: If a member has a continuing term on a committee, there is no need to submit another recommendation for that person for that particular committee. However, if the member does not wish to continue service on the committee, the member should notify C.A.R. Staff at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
--Members are allowed to recommend themselves ONLY for standing, special or advisory committee(s).
--ONLY if a member is an Association Executive, Association President, Regional Chair, Current Committee Chair or Past C.A.R. President then he/she may recommend a person to serve on a committee as a Chair, Vice Chair, Issues Chair or a Member. (Note: C.A.R. Leadership will also refer to C.A.R. Staff for guidance during the process.)
--ONLY if a member is an Association Executive, Association President, Regional Chair, Current Committee Chair or Past C.A.R. President then he/she may recommend a person to serve as a Committee Liaison to one of the following groups:
Association Leadership Industry Information and Membership Services Legal Issues and Information Political Public Policy
Chair/Vice Chair/Issue Chair Positions: Individuals who are recommended for a particular committee Chair/Vice Chair/Issue Chair appointment, but are not selected will be considered for an appointment as a member on that committee. There is no need to submit an additional recommendation for a committee member position.
Directors: C.A.R. State Directors and other Directors are strongly encouraged to serve as a member of up to three C.A.R. committees.
Regions: Each Region has a Regional Representative/Liaison on selected C.A.R. standing committees. Click here to confirm which committees contain Regional Representatives and Regional Liaisons. Regional Representatives/Liaisons are recommended by the respective Regional Chairs for 2014. Incoming Regional Chairs will be asked to submit this information online by July 19, 2013.