California NAR Directors Orientation
San Jose, California
Friday, October 9, 2009
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Steve Goddard, Chair
Beth Pierce, Vice-Chair
C.A.R. Staff: Matt Roberts, Federal Government Affairs
I. Comments by 2009 President James Liptak, and 2010
President-Elect, Steve Goddard
II. Self-introductions of 2009 NAR Directors
III. Review of Process for Coordinating the Activities of all California
NAR Directors – Steve Goddard
IV. Your Job Representing California REALTORS® - James Liptak, 2009
• The Constituents you Represent
• Creating Alliances and Networks
• California/Hawaii Relationship
V. Your Responsibility & Opportunity as an NAR Director – Steve
Goddard, 2010 President-Elect (see packet)
• Meeting Attendance
• Preparation for Directors’ Meetings
• Reporting Responsibilities at NAR and C.A.R.
• Adopt a NAR Director who Shares Similar Expertise/Ambassador
VI. Maximizing your Effectiveness as a Director – Richard
• Attend Meetings Based on Interest/Expertise
• 2010 NAR Committee Assignments
• Moving into a Position of Influence On Issues
VII. Future Meeting Dates (see packet)
Please enter your name.
Please enter a valid email address.
Provide us with feedback here.
We are always interested in hearing from you.
Your feedback will help us improve your online experience.