January 22, 2008
9:00 am - 10:30am
Carl San Miguel, Chair
Diane L. Conaway, Vice Chair
Cathryn L. Snow, Vice Chair
Terry A. Wunderlich, Liaison
C.A.R. Staff Dave Milton
I. Opening Comments- Carl San Miguel, Chair
II. Financing Options for Mobile Homes and Manufactured Housing- In
Parks and on Single Family Lots:
Jess Maxcy, CEO, California Manufactured Housing Institute (CMHI), and
CMHI Senior Staff
These areas, as well as any others that the Committee Members believe are
crucial to successful culmination of sales of manufactured housing and
mobile homes, will be addressed by the CMHI Representatives at the January
- DRE vs. DMV Tax Rate difference
- Mandatory information required for transfer of title, i.e., License Decal
#'s, License Expiration Dates, DOH or HUD #'s, serial #'s
- Where are the required numbers, dates, etc. typically located?
- What is the maximum age of a home for obtaining financing?
- Who is currently financing manufactured housing and mobile homes?
- Is age a factor when the home is being attached to a permanent foundation
on privately owned land when obtaining financing?
- What are the required inspection requirements for a transfer of
- If the home is attached to a permanent foundation on private land (non
park environment), are all the inspections and disclosures for a home
located in a park or community still required?
- How much control does a community or park owner have regarding
qualification of a home buyer seeking to purchase a home in the park or
- Should a REALTOR® advise a client purchasing a home to seek a long term
lease or rent month-to-month to achieve the most security?
- Who has jurisdiction on the permit process for building or installing a
manufactured home in a park or on land?
- Is there an association for manufactured housing/mobile home inspectors
to search to locate such inspectors?
III. State Legislation (Discussion of any MH Bills introduced in
First Month of 2009 Session of Legislature