Monterey Conference Center
Thursday, January 22, 2009
8:00 a.m. - 9:50 a.m.
Lisa Muetterties, Chair
Kim Boda, Vice Chair
Phyllis Carmichael, Vice Chair
Terry Wunderlich, Committee Liaison
Karen O'Brien, Rural Forum Chair
Elizabeth Gavric, Legislative Advocate
I. Opening Comments and Mission Statement: Chairwoman
II. Discussion Item - Title: Anniversary Inspections and Upgrades
Instead of Point of Sale IBP
III. Discussion/Information Items
A. Legislative Update - More Bills To Be Announced at Meeting
1. AB 25 (Gilmore) Surface Water Storage
2. AB 49 (Feuer) Water Conservation: urban water use
B. Regulatory Update
1. California Air Resources Board (ARB) Climate Change Draft
2. California Department of Water Resources (DWR), Water Plan
3. California Energy Commission (CEC) Home Energy Rating System
4. State Water Board (SWB/SWRCB) 20X2020.
5. State Water Board (SWB/SWRCB) Onsite Wastewater Disposal System
Regulations (AB 885).
C. The 2009 California Legislature - What to Expect
D. Report from REALTOR® Committee on Air Quality – Carol Banner
E. Report from Rural Forum - Karen O'Brien
F. Land Use and Environmental Committee Open Forum - NEW!
The Land Use and Environmental Committee Leadership invites and encourages
you to bring forth any land use or environmental issues that are currently
of issue for you and/or your community. We are interested in an open
discussion with REALTORS® sharing their concerns, viewpoints and
experiences dealing with land use and environmental issues and how these
issues are affecting transactions and/or private property rights in your