DRAFT AGENDA Executive Committee Los Angeles Airport Hilton Hotel September 13, 2012
Presiding: President LeFrancis Arnold
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. WELCOME AND INTRODUCTIONS --Executive Committee Members --Regional Chairs --Committee Liaisons --SPF Committee Leadership --Staff --Special Guests
III. OPENING REMARKSLeFrancis Arnold
IV. REVIEW OF STRATEGIC PLAN AND BUDGET PROPOSAL A. Overview Presentation Joel Singer B. Discussion of Key Issues and Program Augmentations Chris Kutzkey C. Action on SPF Committee Recommendations
2013 Budget Action Items
1. To approve a 2013-2015 strategic plan and 2013 budget with the following criteria: a. C.A.R. Operating Revenue $26,853,500 C.A.R. Operating Cost $28,943,200 Net Deficit (After Investment Income) $2,089,700 b. Issues Action Fund Revenue $1,469,900 Issues Action Fund Program Cost $838,000 Issues Action Fund Transfer to IMPAC $631,900 c. Political Activities Fund Revenue $1,469,900 Political Activities Fund Program Cost $1,243,600 Political Activities Fund Net Balance $226,300 d. REALTOR® Action Assessment $7,202,400 REALTOR® Action Assessment Program Cost $1,181,500 REALTOR® Action Assessment Transfer to Political Action Committee $6,020,900 e. 127.5 budgeted C.A.R. staff positions f. Membership dues, including $115 for operating programs, $10 for the Political Activities Fund, $10 for the Issues Action Fund, and $49 for the REALTOR® Action Assessment are set at a total of $184 per member (predicated on 2013 year end membership of 155,000) g. New member fee set at $30 per new member h. A 2013 Capital Budget (funded with Association reserves) totaling $417,300
2. To approve for members in areas not serviced by local associations an additional $30 in membership dues. This amount would be in excess of the dues approved for members coming through the local associations.
2012 Budget Action Items
3. That $285,900 be approved for an additional three percent pension contribution to the C.A.R. and REBS employee pension plan for 2012, augmenting the previously approved budget of 10 percent.
4. That an augmentation of $135,000 be added to the 2012 capital budget, which will be funded with Association reserves, for the purchase of furniture for the relocated Sacramento office.
5. That an augmentation of $95,800 be added to the 2012 capital budget, which will be funded with Association reserves, to upgrade the trends database, and that an additional augmentation of $4,500 in operating expense be allocated to the 2012 budget to upgrade the trends database.