NOMINATING COMMITTEE WEDNESDAY, MAY 4, 2011 - 2:00 P.M. HYATT REGENCY HOTEL, SACRAMENTO REGENCY ROOM A
Presiding: Bill Brown, Chair Jim Liptak, Vice Chair Steve Goddard, Ex-officio
C.A.R. Staff: Lynette Flores & Pauline Avila
I. Call to Order
II. Roll Call
III. Approval of Minutes of January 27, 2011
IV. Chairman Comments
-Members/Alternates – Only authorized members may be seated – closed meeting -Discussions and Materials are confidential -Other
V. Report - Candidates and Officer Background Checks
VI. Review of Reference Materials
-Candidate Officer Materials and Excerpt from California Real Estate magazine -Guidelines – Leadership Traits/Skills & Areas of Concern for Association Leaders -Strategic Plan and Budget Summary: 2011-2013 -2011 Nominating Committee Procedures
Procedure – Appearance of Current Officers and Candidates’
A. Schedule Time of Appointments – Thursday, May 5
1. Current President - Elect: LeFrancis Arnold - 1:30 pm – 1:45 pm 2. Candidate for President-Elect: Don Faught - 1:50 pm – 2:35 pm 3. Candidate for Treasurer: Chris Kutzkey - 2:40 pm – 3:25 pm 4. Candidate for Chief Executive Officer: Joel Singer - 3:30 pm – 3:45 pm
BREAK – 10 minutes – Committee Members are encouraged to stay in the room
• Deliberation/Vote 3:55 pm • Notification of Candidates
B. Review Logistical Procedures for Candidates Appearance (See Exhibit B attached to Agenda)
• Cell Phone/PDA policy
NOMINATING COMMITTEE MEMBERS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO HAVE ACCESS TO THEIR CELL PHONES DURING THE THURSDAY MEETING. IF YOU DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CELL PHONE IN YOUR ROOM, PLEASE BRING A BUSINESS CARD AS WE WILL COLLECT YOUR PHONE AT THE THURSDAY MEETING AND RETURN IT TO YOU WHEN WE HAVE CONCLUDED.
• Meet Delegations/Candidates/Timer (Refer to Working Agenda attached)
• Questions – Voting Members Alternate Members
VII. NAR Directors Selection Subcommittee Report – Jim Liptak, Chair
VIII. Director for Life Subcommittee Report – Vincent Malta, Chair
IX. Other Business
X. Adjournment until following day at 1:10 p.m.
1. Members of the Committee are designated to represent the interests of the entire Association and are expected not to make or be bound by any personal commitments.
2. Discussions by the Committee are CONFIDENTIAL in fairness to all parties under consideration for nomination.