The following procedures are utilized when a Local Association wishes to be reassigned from one C.A.R. Region to another.
1. Local Association President sends letter to C.A.R. President on letterhead indicating that the local Board of Directors has voted in support of the request, with copies sent to the Regional Chair of the local Association's current Region, and the Regional Chair of the newly proposed Region; as a courtesy, the requesting Association may also wish to send copies to other Associations in the current and proposed Regions
2. The item is placed on the agenda for discussion at the next C.A.R. Regional Chairs Committee meeting; both Regional Chairs from the affected Regions will be asked to comment
3. The Regional Chairs Committee's recommendation, if any, is reported to the C.A.R. Executive Committee
4. The Executive Committee's recommendation, if any, is reported to the C.A.R. Board of Directors
5. The ultimate decision rests with the Board of Directors
6. The effective date would be for the ensuing elective year, which begins on the day following the NAR Convention in November; such changes are generally not made in the middle of the year as it could affect some confirmed or prospective committee appointments for members of that local Association, or for other members from the old and new Regions, depending on a number of factors