1. What is CARSF?
CARSF is a library of C.A.R. Standard Forms specifically for the local San Francisco market. The library consists of 21 forms and 1 disclosure booklet including a San Francisco oriented purchase agreement along with forms reflecting local ordinances and disclosures.
2. Why was CARSF created?
CARSF was developed in order to ensure San Francisco members have access to localized forms and statewide C.A.R. forms seamlessly integrated within the zipForm® 6 platform. This will eliminate the need to toggle between various platforms, minimizing the risk for members while also positioning members to take advantage of the multiple software advantages in zipForm®6.
3. Who created CARSF forms?
The forms were created by C.A.R. with assistance from local legal counsel and input from San Francisco members.
4. What are the benefits of using CARSF forms?
· Updated to reflect the latest relevant laws from San Francisco
· CARSF forms reference C.A.R. Standard Forms for better cohesion
· Members who use CARSF receive legal support for this library (and all other C.A.R. Standard Forms)
· CARSF forms are covered under the C.A.R. User Protection Agreement
· CARSF simplifies your transaction offering a complete forms and software solution, improved integration and easy access all through the zipForm® 6 platform.
5. When will CARSF be available?
The CARSF library was released January 1, 2011.
6. Will CARSF be available in FormsTutor™ and FormsAdvisor™?
Yes, both FREE software programs, available to all C.A.R. members, will be updated to include CARSF library by March 2011.
7. Who has access to CARSF?
Members of the following local Associations will have access to CARSF on January 1, 2011:
San Francisco AOR, San Mateo AOR, Oakland AOR, Marin AOR, West Contra Costa AOR, Contra Costa AOR, Santa Clara AOR, Alameda AOR, Berkeley AOR, Bay East AOR, North Bay AOR, Silicon Valley AOR and Solano AOR
8. What specific forms/publications are included in CARSF library?
Click here for a complete list of CARSF forms
9. Does CARSF reflect local laws for San Francisco?
Yes, C.A.R. has hired local legal counsel to ensure the CARSF library reflects the latest local laws.
10. How often are CARSF forms updated?
As with all C.A.R. Standard Forms, CARSF forms are updated as required due to statutory changes and also may be updated per the approval of the C.A.R. Standard Forms Advisory Committee in sync with the periodic Forms Release.
11. How does CARSF compare to San Francisco AOR forms and is there a cross matrix?
CARSF is a direct replacement library for SFAR’s library of forms. Click here for the forms cross reference matix.
12. Do I need to purchase CARSF?
Members of the San Francisco and surrounding local Associations receive the library free of charge.
13. How do I access CARSF?
The CARSF forms were automatically added and can be accessed from zipForm®6's
library forms drop-down menu.
14. What are the advantages of using zipForm® 6 over other form software platforms?
FREE Value Added Services:
· zipLogix Digital Ink™ - Digital signature through zipLogix Digital Ink™
· zipVault™ for zipForm® 6 - Online storage for transaction-related documents
· ePUBS® for zipForm® - Digitized disclosure publications
· Forms Advisor™/Forms Tutor® – Software generated instructions on what forms to use & how to complete C.A.R. forms
· Easy access via C.A.R. homepage
· Enhanced tabbed user interface for easy navigation and improved workflow.
· Fill out a form – email and/or print – no need to create a transaction first
· Apply one or multiple templates at any time during the transaction
· Right-click to Preview, Print and/or add a form to a transaction
· Drag and drop forms into transactions
· Platform Independent – runs on a PC or MAC
· Scroll through pages of forms
· Automatically saves the transaction (in the background) as users work
· Email selected pages or an entire transaction as single PDF or individual PDFs
· Auto flow of data from form-to-form
· Fast Fill provides the ability to enter data without the verbiage of the contract
· Search for documents: Alphabetically, Numerically, Categorized and/or using the “Search” feature
· Clause editor, templates, spell check, mortgage calculator, sticky notes and more…
Company Credibility & Affiliation
· Established in 1991
· Currently used by more than 500,000 real estate professionals
· Used by real estate professionals in the United States and Canada
· An American company that is REALTOR® owned
15. Is there training available for CARSF forms?
Yes, click here for the complete training schedule including webinars, video and live training. Brokers who wish to set up in-house office training may call 213-739-8278 to set up a class.
16. Will users have historical access to SFAR forms in zipForm® 6 after December 31st 2010?
Yes. SFAR members will still have access to view existing transactions with
SFAOR forms until February 28, 2011. Beginning March 1, 2011, you no longer
have access to the old SFAOR forms in your zipForm® 6. For instructions on
how to export your transactions to PDF, please click here or access our How-to video by clicking here.
17. Is C.A.R. selling CARSF in paper format?
Currently, CARSF is only available in electronic format via zipForm® 6.
18. Are CARSF forms pre-tagged in zipForm® 6 for digital signatures?
Yes, CARSF forms are pre-tagged for digital signatures in zipform® 6.